Agenda for the first meeting of the Lifeguard Recruitment Initiative, November 13, 2019
Time: 9 AM
Location: Jeron X. Grayson Community Center
1852 Enoch Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Rick Flanagan, Project Coordinator
- Cell 412-913-4360
- Mark Rauterkus, Project Coordinator
- Cell 412-298-3432
- Introduction of organizations that can hire lifeguards, train and certify new lifeguards, and help identify lifeguard candidates
- Brief overview of the Lifeguard Initiative goals and action items
- Defining the need for lifeguards and timing issues related to acquiring staff
- Move into action as it relates to recruiting existing lifeguards and recruiting those that would be interested in becoming lifeguards
- Training a large numbers of individuals that want to be lifeguards
- Linking individuals that are lifeguard certified to organizations that need lifeguards
- Determine the role that each organization wants to play
- Defining the need for lifeguards
- What would a recruit campaign look like in order to recruit high school and college age youth along with older adults? What resources are needed?
- Assuming we get a large number of people who would like to be lifeguards, how do they get trained and certified?
- What system could be put in place that those individuals that acquire a lifeguard certificate understand their hiring options? How do the organizations that need lifeguards promote their lifeguarding opportunities?
- Clearly defined next steps